Sunday, April 18, 2010

What does imonacan mean?

Based on a question I've been asked in person, and on various BF, birding, astronomy, and sound recording forums...here is my explanation. Imonacan...... really means nothing. It's just a screen name, and something I was called in my youth, by a group I hung with in the 70s, that formed a sarcastic kind of subculture language...that nobody else but us, could understand. We used to talk in this language to clear out older family folk (the more nervous ones) and their families, from the pavilions in the area parks...so we could take over the public use building, and thus....have a party (was that so wrong?). Monacan....was one of the words...that meant " don't want too". Thus, I'm monacan was born. Later, during the new cyber age... shortened to imonacan.
To better assist ones that read my screen name and think I'm trying to be funny, and say " I'm on a can"..... well no, that's not it. Please repeat after me ...I (long I) ...mo (long O..like moe howard) ...na (short A) ....can. I....mo..na...can .....Imonacan. Thanks for reading, so we could finally clear this up.

No comments: